Tips for Staging Your Home
They say you never get a second chance to make a first impression. That's why it's so important to make a good one when you're staging your home; it's an easy way to make your home look more attractive to any potential buyers. You want them to feel like it's an environment they picture themselves in, and creating a neutral environment is the best way to do this.
Here are a few tips on the best way to stage your home:
- Clean up any clutter in your closets and make sure they're neatly organized.
- Focus on the primary areas of your home, such as the kitchen, living room, master bedroom, and even the bathroom.
- Make sure that any personal items, such as family photos and souvenirs, are packed away.
- While you're at it, pack any larger items, such as vases and serving plates. This will create more space.
- Place mirrors in small rooms, as this can make them appear to be more open.
- Keep the windows open to allow in as much natural light as possible.
- Before you start to show your home, make any minor repairs to leaky faucets, squeaky hinges, etc.
- If you're selling your home in the spring and summer, water your lawn and garden 30 minutes before a showing to give the greenery an added sparkle.
- Avoid cooking anything that will leave an odour, such as fish or garlic.
- Set your dining room table with an attractive linen table cloth and your best dishes.
- Neatly arrange fresh flowers throughout your home, but don't overdo it; you don't want to overwhelm buyers with the scent.
- Finally, bring in a second set of eyes to look at your home to make sure you didn't miss anything.