Land Transfer Tax Calculator
A Land Transfer Tax is applied to purchases on all properties (residential and commercial) in Toronto. This is in addition to the Province’s Land Transfer Tax.
To help offset the Land Transfer Tax in Toronto, the City of Toronto offers Land Transfer Tax rebates for first-time home buyers.
For residential purchases, the Land Transfer Tax is charged as a percentage of the sale prices. For a property containing at least one, but not more than two, single family residences:
- The first $55,000 at 0.5% plus
- $55,000 to $400,000 at 1.0% plus
- Over $400,000 at 2.0% plus
For all other property with a consideration value:
- The first $$55,000.00 at 0.5% plus
- $55,000.01 to $400,000.00 at 1.0% plus
- $400,000.01 to $40.0 million at 1.5%
- Over $40.0 million at 1.0%
You can also use this Land Transfer Tax Calculator provided by Russell Robson: